Why Do I Need Insurance for My Restaurant
Business Owners need to protect themselves from the unknown. The hospitality industry has its own risks. Protecting your business and assets with insurance can save you loads of money should there ever be a lawsuit or repairs/breakdowns are needed.
Some basic factors that need to be considered when purchasing insurance for your restaurant are:
- Sales - Food and Liquor
- Equipment/Personal Property/Building
- Number of Employees
Types of Insurance Coverage a Restaurant should consider are:
- General Liability - This coverage protects you from common issues filed by your customers, like slip and fall while on your premises.
- Liquor Liability - Damages that are cause by an intoxicated person, who was served at your establishment, would need liquor liability.
- Property - Protects your business personal property and building from hazards such as fire and theft. This coverage can include food spoilage by endorsement.
- Workers Compensation - Your employees will be protected by this coverage if they were to get injured while on the job.
- Automobile Liability - Vehicles owned by the restaurant should have a separate auto policy to protect against accidents whether at fault or not
Give us a call today so that we can get you and your restaurant covered. Protect your assets!